If you ever lost your job or savings, this article is going to show you how to live without money or a job.
Did you know?
- In 2018, at least 552,830 people were reported homeless on a single night. That means that 17 in 10,000 people in the United States were experiencing life without a home.
- At least 7% of the homeless population is under the age of 25.
- At least 37,000 homeless people are veterans.
- According to CNBC, 65% of Americans save little to nothing.
According to BankRate, there are many United States citizens that don't have enough emergency savings. According to a recent survey, this chart shows that almost 30% of Americans don't have emergency savings. Less than 30% of Americans have fewer than 3 months of savings while less than 20% have 3 to 5 months in savings. (Surveyed in 2019)
But the question is "what happens when you completely run out of money?" What can you do in this situation?
How To Live Without Money or a Job?
In a scenario where you're completely out of money, what do you do? Well, the first thing we would advise you to do is to seek support. Whether it's your friends/family or a charity, we recommend asking for a helping hand. There are tons of organizations out there willing to help you.
Don't be afraid to ask for help.
There are 3 things that you need when you're out of money. You might need shelter, food, or a job. This all depends on your situation because every persons' situation is different and unique. Follow these 3 things to help get your life back on track:
- Finding a shelter- The first thing you should be doing is seeking shelter. Again, it all depends on your situation. But if you somehow end up without shelter, we recommend that you should seek shelter by asking a friend/family, look for homeless shelters, and ask for help. Don't be afraid to ask for help. You can find organizations that will help you with homelessshelterdirectory.com
- Finding food - Without money, it's going to be a struggle to even feed yourself. We've seen many people ask online through forums about how they're seriously starving. There are many food banks out there that will help you. We don't want you to starve. You can always go to local charities and they won't hesitate to give you a helping hand. In America, you can also apply for food stamps which will also help you.
- Finding a job - Once you're comfortable with the first 2 steps, you should start looking for jobs. You can start by going online (assuming you have an internet connection since you're reading this article) and start creating your resume. There are many platforms that will help you find jobs. You can use Indeed, LinkedIn, or even Facebook. There are other platforms like Craigslist or you can apply at staffing agencies. They're always looking for warehouse and office workers. Don't have high expectations because your main focus is to find a job. If you have a friend/family working, then ask them first. You're likely to get a job through recommendations than applying randomly at companies.
Yes, surviving without money is difficult but with modern-day support, it's very possible to get back on track. Thanks to the power of the internet, finding resources, help, and jobs are much more efficient.
Become As Frugal As Possible
When you're running out of money, you should become as frugal as possible. That means that you should be collecting every can, doing anything you can for money (legal), and learning to make the cheapest food possible. This will all add up and will help you tremendously especially when you're struggling for money.
Why You Shouldn't Give Up?
It might seem like life is difficult and unbearable right now, but you shouldn't give up. If you believe that you're at the most difficult point in your life, then you'll only get stronger and have better ways to deal with your situation. No matter how innocent or how great you are to the universe, bad things will happen. It's how you deal with it. You have to keep putting in work and eventually, good things will come out of it.
- The Law of Averages - If you keep trying to succeed, there will be a positive outcome eventually.
Why You Shouldn't Be Afraid To Ask For Help
You might feel embarrassed or ashamed for asking for help but don't. There's nothing embarrassing about that. Every person in this world has their own struggle. We know that it takes many people a lot of courage to ask for help. If you want a better life and avoid living life without money without a job, then ask for help. Try not to overthink it too much because it can be overwhelming.
Take it one step at a time.
Give Back To The Ones Helping You
Once you find your job and your life becomes stable, don't hesitate to help the people that helped bring you back up. That's the most important thing because, without them, you wouldn't be where you're at. Always remember to give back once you build your way back up.
Don't forget the ones that helped you.
Find a Side Hustle
Whether you're working or not, it's best to have a side hustle. There are many ways to make money whether it's offline or online. When you're struggling, every dollar counts. You can apply for Uber/Lyft if you have a car. You can offer to mow lawns, pet-sitting, or even walking someone's dog. In the online market, you can write content for platforms where they'll pay you too. Some platforms will pay you from $10 to $100 for a piece of article. You have to learn to find your side hustle and create your own opportunities. While working at a regular job, your side hustle could look nice on your resume and can, later on, be applied to a job with better pay.
Don't Take Anything In Your Life For Granted
Not everyone will encounter the same struggle as you are. Don't take anything in your life for granted because you won't be who you are without them. You're going through a tough phase but there will be a much greener side. Not only that, but you're also going to the greener side with what you need in life carrying along with the lessons that you learned. Every person has their own struggles so don't give up and achieve your dream.